Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Never enough time

i admire people with focus, or more so continued focus. Guitar players, airbrushers, stripers........ anything that took that special focus and dedication. I love to airbrush, stripe, reptiles, work with metal, glass, play guitar, autos, build things....... but could never find the continued dedication towards mastery of one craft, even knowing you never truely master anything. I spawn one off to another, one path becomes many. I find it both a blessing and a curse, a frustration and a joy. I told my wife just the other day that perhaps i should sell off everything "hobby" related and be "normal". She asked "how well do you think that would work for you?" My reply..... "i dont know, never tried it" Her: "What would you do?" "I dont know, watch sports or something" and i am not a sports fan. This "stuff" i do is both a master and a slave........ so many projects i want to accomplish, so much to learn with a continued process of coming up with new things........

On a positive not deep thinking note, i did accomplish more experimentation with nucleation.  Media etching created HUGE nucleation results.  I was like a Co2 reverse waterfall in my beer mug !    Visually it was very pleasing, and kept the head up on my beer, but it did not produce the image i had etched in the bottom due to this.  Next up is to repeat my earlier smiley face success.    I was also able to start and finish the layout of a customer requested beer mug.  I am not, and will not go through any approval process on the artwork.  This is for two reasons  1.  I dont really care.  2.  I think its cool enough, that if he doesnt buy it, it will well elsewhere.  

For my latest "Blogged Brilliant Fing Idea:  Start working on pint glasses.  Its long over due actually, and i have not seen any "one off" etchers out there working on them.   I find them a very pleasant glass to drink from, and of course, they are a beer standard, with suitable sizing for a mixed drink.  

No comments:

Post a Comment